The Soldotna Chamber is excited to add
Ribbon Cutting Celebrations
Ribbon Cutting Events are planned, organized and carried-out by the opening business or organization. However, the Soldotna Chamber of Commerce is pleased to offer two levels of support for your event. Basic Ribbon Cutting services are included in your membership, and an Enhanced Ribbon Cutting Package is available for $300.
Basic Ribbon Cutting Package Included in Membership
- Publicize the event to Chamber members through our weekly e-newsletter
- Chamber Staff and available Soldotna Chamber Board of Directors will attend the ceremony
- Invite media and dignitaries through email invitations
- Loan ceremonial scissors and ribbon
- Publicize a submitted photo from the ribbon cutting in our weekly e-newsletter following the event
Enhanced Ribbon Cutting Package – $300
All the services above plus:
- Create and print postcard invitation & mail to membership
- Create promotional flyer – print 25 copies for business & provide you an electronic version to post on social media
- Include the promotional flyer in our printed newsletter & bring to one luncheon prior to the event
- Create and distribute a PSA promoting the event
- Promote the event on our live radio spot for two weeks prior to the event
Things to consider when planning your ribbon cutting event:
- Set a date and time- remember to make this convenient for your potential guests – lunch, and late afternoons typically work best – Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays may be good choices as well. Please review the date with the Chamber prior to publicizing the event to make sure scissors are available.
- Set a budget, number of guests to invite, and if food is to be served. If yest to food, determine the menu (food/drinks – heavy or light, etc.)
- Decide your location – where (inside or outside) – try to use a site that will allow your business sign or logo to be in the picture and make sure to block parking in front of your designated site before the event. If outside – have an alternative plan for inside with ample space in case of inclement weather.
- Decide if you will need chairs; also, don’t forget to get a table for food or supplies, if needed.
- If using the Basic Package, decide if you are sending personal invitations and, if so, who will get them ( mailing labels are available at the Chamber office for $35 to members. We also offer bulk mailing assistance that will greatly reduce your postage costs if you are mailing your own invitations – must be mailing 200 pieces or more).
- Remember, the Chamber will invite our membership through the weekly e-newsletter and the Chamber Board of Directors, dignitaries and media via a special email. However, we will need a short information sheet – who, what, when – date & time, and where – from you to get this listed. We need this info a minimum of two weeks in advance, but we prefer a four-week notice.